Design of the Strategic Plan of the Burundi Investment Promotion Authority (API)
The World Bank at the service of the Burundian private sector
The Government of Burundi received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA/World Bank) to finance the Financial and Private Sector Development Project (PSD). A portion of the earmarked funds was allocated to ITC Consulting to design the 2017-2022 Strategic Plan for the Burundi Investment Promotion Authority.
Objectives: Building the capacity of the API and improving the business environment
The aim of the Strategic Plan is to improve the services offered by the API. By 2022, the agency must be able to contribute, in an efficient manner, to improving the business environment and promoting investment, exports and intra-regional trade.
A global Strategic Plan
ITC Consulting carried out consultation with API senior managers, the board and key partners of the institution to craft the institution’s Vision.
After analysing the API’s environment, identifying strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats, carrying out an audit of the API’s external image and assessing its human resources, ITC Consulting then set about drafting the API’s Strategic Plan.
Development outcomes for the advancement of the API
The Strategic Plan was disseminated and approved by the members of the board and its partners. It consists of:
- A mission statement including the values and vision of the API
- A summary of the services and missions of the Agency
- Identification of strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Three strategic areas of development
- A five-year plan of priority actions
- A budget for the Plan of Action and identification of potential funding sources
- A plan for staff training and recruitment