Technical assistance for the coordination and monitoring of the Programme for Trade and Regional Integration Support (PACIR) in Ivory Coast
The first trade support programme in Côte d’Ivoire
The aim of the PACIR is to contribute to strengthening the competitiveness of the Ivorian economy and facilitate its inclusion in the regional and world economy. It is the first trade support programme established in Côte d’Ivoire.
The project’s four components of institutional and operational support to improve the business environment and increase exports from Côte d’Ivoire relate to:
- Improvement of the business environment;
- Strengthening the competitiveness of exporting companies and improving adherence to standards;
- trade facilitation; and
- improvement of economic infrastructure.
To coordinate the entire programme and avoid divergence among UN agencies, the IMF (Afritac) and the WCO, ITC Consulting sent a Technical Assistant into the field for two years. The person was responsible for coordination and monitoring as well as coordinating the smooth execution and coherence of the project’s activities under Windows 1-3.
A wide range of outcomes
Throughout the project, ITC Consulting
- Managed and coordinated activities under Outcomes 1, 2 & 3 of the PACIR
- Designed and implemented a plan of action for actions under Windows 1 & 2
- Provided on-demand technical assistance for PACIR activities
- Made recommendations to the PACIR Steering Committee
- Coordinated activities undertaken with adapted tools, and
- Evaluated the progress of the PACIR against the initial timeline